In the spirit of democracy, The Stampede aims to encourage students to voice their opinions and open needed discussions on topics that students are passionate about. Every month, The Stampede will accept student-written submissions to be considered for publication in the printed issue or Metea Media.
The Stampede’s Editor-in-Chief and Online Editor will review all student submissions. The newspaper Adviser will also be consulted. The Stampede staff reserves the right to reject any submissions that do not follow the following guidelines:
- Letters to the editor and opinion articles must adhere to the AP stylebook rules
- Articles must remain within 250-400 words
- Articles must follow The Stampede’s Editorial Policy and Comment Policy
- Articles will be edited for grammar, clarity, and length
- Students must be willing to make any revisions to their article as needed
The Student Submission Guidelines can be changed at the discretion of the Editor-in-Chief, Social Media Editor, Online Editor, Editorial Editor, and Adviser, with consultation from other editors as needed.
To submit a guest article, a letter to the editor, or an opinion article to be printed in The Stampede or published to Metea Media, email submissions to the Online Editor or Social Media Editor at email@example.com