Interested in winning free prom tickets? The Stampede and StuGo have created the contest “Pay Prom Forward” to award our students for giving back to our community! In order to be entered into a random raffle to be awarded free tickets to prom you must:
- Grab your date and pay it forward by performing community service. Community service or volunteering can include Feed My Starving Children, Hesed House, Loaves & Fishes, Northern Illinois Food Bank, or other area charities. Check out www.volunteermatch.com for more opportunities to give back.
- Instagram or Tweet a video of you and your date in action with the hashtag #PayPromForward
- Tag @MV_Stampede
- Have your account on public
- Be a junior or senior currently attending Metea Valley
- You may only enter once, no matter how many different types of community service you do
The contest begins April 8 and will end April 17 at 11:59 pm. Once your video has been submitted you will be entered into a random drawing to win the tickets. The winners will be announced Monday, April 18 during third period announcements.
BONUS: If you commit your act of service while wearing your Metea has Heart shirt, you will be entered into the drawing twice!
In order to qualify as a contestant:
Both participants must currently be an enrolled Metea Valley student in order to participate. Any person who violates any rule or uses fraudulent means in order to gain an unfair advantage will be disqualified. Disrespectful, disruptive, harassing, or threatening behavior is grounds for disqualification. Students enrolled in Metea Valley’s News Journalism course are not eligible to win. The Stampede Editorial Board, along with guidance from the adviser, will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes regarding the contest. The Stampede’s decisions concerning any disputes will be final.